Today is Thursday (and you’re all thinking “duh” – but it is a feat for me to know what day it is, just so you understand). Thursdays I drop off Chance for “bonding time” with his grammy (my MIL). Usually I then run around on errands, stuff I didn’t get done the rest of the week, maybe with a little indulgent food or shopping thrown in. Or work. Thursdays are definitely used to get caught up on work. But not today. This Thursday, I’m came back home to a nice quiet house to catch up on my blogging*. BWA HA HA! (I didn’t really need to do the evil laugh, I just wanted to.)
I’ve been tagged by both Black Belt Mama and J’s Mommy (Another Mommy Moment). It turns out that I was also tagged for this meme in February (I had to go back and check) which you can see here (those are probably the more interesting ones). But for the sake of the game I’ll try to come up with six more weird things.
OK, six weird facts:
1. My mom apparently used to talk to me in Old English when I was baby (she was taking it at college). I think this explains some garbled dreams I used to have as a kid.
2. I like to own several pairs of glasses in different colors so I can accessorize with my outfits. (You know, like Sandra Oh on Arliss?) Since getting pregnant and becoming a mom I only wear one set all the time. (I now often unconsciously color-coordinate my son’s outfits with mine. How much sadder is that?)
3. I find myself absolutely UNABLE to leave the house in sweats or pajama bottoms
4. I can play the hammer dulcimer (well, at least I used to)
5. I don’t get jealous (or very, very rarely, it’s happened maybe a handful of times in my life). I have been told that this is strange and unusual(?).
6. I can remember changing my youngest brother’s diapers (he’s 13 years younger than me) and now he makes comments about his sex life in my presence. (He is unfazed by my reaction.)
Now for six tags. Please feel free to play or not. (I’ll try to pick people who I don’t think have done this meme; but forgive me if you have). Zygote Daddy, Siren (if you’re not too busy moving), Kristen at Motherhood Uncensored, Cyndi at Times and Places, :p fuzzbox, and Stella at Finding Zen. I just want to see what they’ll all say.
Good night folks! – the weirdgirl
*Since beginning the writing of this post to finishing it several hours later, some work emails and calls I had been waiting on came in. I didn’t get very far in my blogging after all. DAMNIT!